J Lewis Plumbing & Heating Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement:
J Lewis Plumbing & Heating Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page e.g. if a new law comes in. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17.05.2018.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Any information about you that makes you identifiable is personal data. It covers information that is obvious such as your name, telephone number and email address, however it also covers less apparent information such as identification numbers, online users and location data.
- What personal data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary) when you contact us:
– Client details including full name, full address, telephone numbers, email addresses, alarm/key safe codes and who has access to your property
– Emergency contact details for your property including full name, full address, telephone numbers and email addresses
– Payment information including bank details for payments and refunds
– Social media account if that is how you have accessed us
- How do we use your personal data and what do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping – in order for us to supply our services we require your personal details for our contract with you and to manage your account with us
– Communication – we need to respond to your enquiries, emails, telephone calls, SMS, social media messages and reviews
– Improving our services – when feedback is obtained from you
– Market research – from time to time we may also use your information to contact you for company market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website and our services according to your needs
– Supplying information – we may email with necessary information by email or SMS that you have opted-in to
- How do I opt-out or unsubscribe?
You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time, or you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website
– If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information you can change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Jamie@jlewisheating.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”). This may incur an administration fee. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please Section 13.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary. The following reasons will determine how long we keep your data:
– If you make an enquiry and do not use our services we will keep your personal data for 3 months from the date of the last communication
– If you use our services, we will keep your personal data but it will be marked as ‘inactive’ and can only be accessed again once you contact us to use our services (it will then be marked as ‘active’). All data will be deleted 10 years after the last date of communication
- Do you share my personal data?
We will not share any of your personal data with third parties and we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- How can I access my personal data?
If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, you can ask for details of the personal data and we are happy to provide a copy of it. This may incur an administration fee. This is known as a ‘subject access request’. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email addresses shown in Section 13. We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it.
- What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Section 13 to find out more
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Section 13to find out more
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
- How do you keep information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Who is responsible for links to other websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
– Email address: Jamie@jlewisheating.com
– Telephone number: 01483570443